Hi, my name is Austi Stenson. I'm musically most well known for my role as lead vocalist and guitarist for an indie band: Aspartame Sunshine.
Aspartame Sunshine released our first EP in early 2016 (listen & order below) and have since scored a web series, and performed in the Mormon Channel Studio, along with a few gigs here and there.
I have plans to work with the same engineer that facilitated our EP to release a solo single in the near future.
- NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) Art Show at Utah State Capital Building in SLC, UT 2017
- MC Studios at Church Office Building in SLC, UT - 2016
- Hope Works Event at LDS Conference Center in SLC, UT - 2016
- Pool of Music Refugee Benefit Concert (Solo) in SLC, UT - 2016
- Republican Women's Event at Governor's Mansion in SLC, UT - 2016
- Christmas House Concert in SLC, UT - 2015
- Benefit Concert in the Park for ESL Families in SLC, UT - 2015
- Velour in Provo, UT - 2015
- Utah State University Performance Hall (Solo) in Logan, UT - 2011
Original Songs - Featured on EP
I was asked to complete a creative project for an upper division philosophy class (Singularity and the Human): Create an artistic project that depicts an aspect of the singularity, and accompany it with a written narrative explaining your work, and creative choices. I enlisted the help of Drausen, and together we created the following piece:
Small Pond Web Series
I have been a member of Aspartame Sunshine (an indie band) since 2015. We've played several live shows and even released an EP at the end of 2015 but scoring a web series was not on our resume until recently.
Small pond is a 6 episode web series about four creative friends navigating big dreams in a small town.
Everything from the intro and outro of each episode to the musical number featured in the episode to the right is an Aspartame Sunshine original (the one exception is the song playing in the car scene).
Note: We were not involved in the overall sound of the series apart from supplying audio clips which were folded into the series during their final editing process by the series' editor.
Hope you enjoy!